Wild Rose Press, who publishes my romance novels, decided to enter their new titles into this program before the official release date. I am really hoping this offer raises awareness of my series.
Before we proceed further, please go now and download your free copy. Share this link with everyone you know! Please “Like” the page while you are there.
Warrior Rogue (The Drift Lords Series) by Nancy J. Cohen is FREE on Kindle Feb. 13-17. http://www.amazon.com/Warrior-Rogue-Drift-Series-ebook/dp/B00AU62NQS/.
I’m also running a Valentine’s Day contest in conjunction with the free giveaway. Click on the Contest tab here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nancy-J-Cohen/112101588804907 and remember to Like the page while you are there.
What have I learned from this experience? It takes a tremendous amount of time away from writing to put up a free book. Why? Because you have to publicize it all over the Net. How do you do this? Here are some sites that will help:
From helpful sites such as these and from posts by other authors, I’ve gathered two pages of places to notify about an upcoming or current free release. Twitter and Facebook accounts have to be notified on the day of the freebie, but a bunch of other ones expect advance notice. So I’ve been busy filling out these forms.
Here is a list of tips, in no particular order, on what to do before your book goes free.
- Make a list of promotional sites that will announce your free book.
- Notify the sites that require advance notice.
- Decide if you want to pay for ads at any of these sites.
- Get your book reviewed. Some of the sites will only take your title if you’ve had XX number of reviews with a rating of 4.0 or higher.
- Schedule a blog to run on the first free day to announce your freebie offer.
- Prepare a sheet of tweets with hashtags and Facebook posts in advance.
- Schedule tweets ahead of time to run throughout the day of your freebie.
- Send a newsletter to your mailing lists with your free book announcement.